Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux Canada or Germany?
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 09:28:23 -0800

>> At 11:09 AM 2/27/2001 -0500, Steve LeHuray wrote:
>> >Mercedes now
>> >owns Chrysler an American company.
>[snip]
>How do you pronounce DaimlerChrysler in German?  Chrysler is silent.

Which reminds me of the joke that circulated after Adobe "merged" with
Aldus, one of whose programs was Pagemaker. Everyone wondered what the new
company would be called, and the joke was that they would take the "A" from
"Aldus" and "dobe" from "Adobe."

Guy

P.S. And don't ask me whether it was a true merger, a hostile takeover, a
simple makeover, etc. - all I know is that PageMaker was ruined as a result!