Subject: Re: [Leica] A Kinder, Gentler Leica-Users
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 13:14:14 -0500

John Collier wrote:

> Oh my gosh, Jim is being all sweetness and light! Am I the only one who will
> miss the old strident and emphatic Jim? What is next:
>
> Will Austin giving up that so annoying, yet so endearing, habit of point by
> point replies?

Probably not. It is, after all, the most effective way to make sure one
has 'covered all the bases.'

> Will Ted stop telling us to shut up and shoot some pictures?

Not until everyone on the LUG spends more time shooting with their
Leicas than they spend time talking about them.

> Will Kyle stop posting alarming pictures?

Alarming to whom?

> Will Tina start arguing the finer points of where Leicas are actually made?

Only if, God forbid, she goes blind and can no longer put her time to
good use photographing and printing her photos.

> Will Marc spell Voigtlander with an "H"?

Not until the owner of the name officially changes it; and it will be
doubtful even then.

> Will Tom make something that is not so darn useful?

Name it - and he will make it.

> Will Brian encourage an OT postings on politics?

He does - somewhere other than on the LUG

> Will Leica produce an M6E?

Didn't they? Under the Konica name?

> At least maybe John will stop being so d*** cloy all the time!

Right.

Replies: Reply from "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] A Kinder, Gentler Leica-Users)