Subject: OFF TOPIC - RE: [Leica] Scanning tutorials
From: "Austin Franklin" <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 21:42:30 -0500

First, I would recommend getting the scan correct from the scanning
software, and not doing any major corrections in any image editing program.
If you try, you will drop codes...which means you will get
posterization...gaps in the continuity of the tones.

http://www.scantips.com

is a good start IMO.

I'll give you a few tips here:

1) ALWAYS scan at the optical resolution of your scanner
2) NEVER re-sample in PS, unless your output resolution falls below 240DPI
3) When re-sizing an image, aside from not resampling, let your resolution
fall where it may...there are NO magic numbers for ink jet printers when
printing grayscale or color images.

For most of what you probably want to do, PSLE is probably fine.