Subject: RE: [Leica] A Kinder, Gentler Leica-Users
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 02:03:58 EST

Dan, George, and Richard,
The idea of making the Rapidgrip with a bevelled edge was discussed  also
earlier on. It is most likely possible, but  I do not have the ARCA-Swiss
type clamp so I cannot design it yet. Could someone please give me the model
or model-number for the clamp and tell me where I can get hold of one? I
rarely use tripod with the M's so it has not been a priority with me, but if
the bevelled edges can be incorporated without affecting structural strength
I will   look at the feasibility of doing it.  The  reason I am  considering
the idea is that I have about 500 feet of TechPan in the freezer and a
monopod/clamp/Grip/M-combination could enable me to use it up!
Best,
Tom A

Tom Abrahamsson
Vancouver, BC