Subject: [Leica] UV Filters
From: Rolf Katzenstein <rgk@farmington.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 06:41:19 -0500

I'm new here and offering an opinion in such august company requires
courage. IMHO if Leica had intended its lenses to be used with filters, it
would not have provide lens cases all these years. The cases are to protect
the lens. If you never take the lens out of the case it won't get damaged
which obviates the need for a filter. I only take my lenses out of their
case to look at them and then only in incandescent light so that the
coatings won't be damaged. I keep UV filters on a few lenses, the ones that
I fondle often. I thought this group was for people who owned and worshipped
Leica cameras and lenses.

Users ruin Leicas. How else does one explain a "mint-" camera or lens.