Subject: Re: [Leica] R lens questions
From: Mikiro Mori <arbos@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 13:09:23 +0100

Hi, Emanuel.

Contax 35/1.4 is one of the most impressive lenses that I have ever owned,
although its design is not very new. The 85/1.4 I had is also a
semi-classic and to my eyes in the same league with the 80/1.4R with some
differences in their characters (and prices!). The 85/1.2, which I myself
cannot afford and a friend of mine owns, is a superb lens that gives
satisfying images from wide open. I am not sure if the differences in image
quality justify those in their market prices and f numbers, though. Seeing
is believing. Why not DEGUSTATION ? ;-)

Mikiro