Subject: Re: [Leica] Scanning tutorials
From: "Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy" <watteau@krakow.neurosoft.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 13:35:04 +0100

> Also, is there a consensus on good alternatives to Adobe Photo$$$hop?
> For what I want to do, Photoshop seems like very expensive overkill.
> How much does one lose using Photoshop's "Lite Edition." If I went with
> another program, would I be depriving myself of the vast knowledge pool
> regarding Photoshop?

Simplest and most powerful one is Irfan View: http://www.irfanview.com
(nearly_) free (you have to send a postcard) program, aimed at
least at muy needs perfectly. I still use Fireworks and PS also,
especially at work, but Irfan is simply faster and easier.

- -----
                                St.
                          VF750 - 'Corvus'
                     (Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy)
              http://www.geocities.com/Stanislaw_Stawowy
  "Ladies and gentleman. There you have the first pimp slap of the year.  :-)"