Subject: [Leica] Is a 75 more useful than a 90?
From: "Gib Robinson" <robinson@sfsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 07:11:00 -0800

I agree with Buzz Hausner that lens choice is very subjective. I have both
and use both.

For me, the 90 is indispensible as both a general lens and a portrait lens.
It provides intimacy for portraits and "reach" for landscapes. Results are
spectacular. I can't leave home without it.

The 75 is very fast. I find it very useful in classrooms and other indoor
locations where I can't count on getting far enough away to use a 90. The
speed is useful. I can often get two extra stops of speed over the 90
because I can shoot at 1.4 AND shave a stop off the shutter speed. It is for
me, however, a specialty lens, not an every day lens. It is heavier and
bulkier than the 90. I don't travel very far with it.

- --Gib