Subject: Re: [Leica] Film broken in half on Leica IIF?
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 10:18:18 -0500

Matej-
One, was the film split longitudinally? if so, the extended tongue had a
fault that let the film split at it was pulled out- careful trimming will
solve that- or, before winding all the way in, cut the film across at the
leader to make a flat end.

If it broke across the width of the fil, I would suggest that the film was
not engaged fully on the sprockets, and the sprockets themslve made 'new'
holes which weakened the film.
If you have not be trimming the leader to 4"" (10cm) then this is a good
reason to start! If you do trim, make sure the cut is smooth as it curves
from the middle to the edge, and to make sure the cut goes BETWEEN the
sprocket holes- to avoid film chips that WILL eventually jam the shutter!
(My friend Youxin says that there is not a single LTM that he works upon
that doesn't have at least some film chips in it!)
BEst of light to you and it is good to hear from you again!
Dan ( slowing becoming a PYRO-maniac!) Post