Subject: RE: [Leica] Arca-Swiss plate n tripod thoughts
From: "Dan Honemann" <danh@selectsa.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 10:56:23 -0500

Adrian,

I use a Linhof Profi-II ballhead rather than an Arca B1.  I also have a
Lieca table top tripod and b/s head.  The reason I prefer to use the Linhof
is because of the quick-release clamps and plates.  I have more than one
camera, and by keeping the plates on each it makes is much faster to
secure/remove the camera.  With the Leica b/s, I have to screw the head to
the baseplate each time--which gets tiring after a few changes.

I don't own an SLR system yet, but I'm sure I will by year's end.  I like
knowing that I only need attach RRS baseplates to each SLR body I buy in
order to use them with my tripod.

Just my approach,
Dan