Subject: Re: [Leica] (Leica)FS:35-70 f2.8 R
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 13:38:28 -0500

Why, why, why would anyone pay that price for such a lens?   I don't care
how rare it is, at the best of times it's a boring focal range, usually
relegated to the package deals sold to "newbies".  Yeah, yeah, it is a
fixed aperture 2.8, but big deal.

And if it was bought as an investment, an investment with a 10% return
(nothing to get excited about) will double in value in 7 years.   Do you
think that lens will be worth $32,000 in 7 years?

There's one born every minute.

dan c.