Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: HCB's film
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 16:38:50 -0000

Quite likely.
The other story I read regarding his negatives was that they were
despatched as undeveloped films back to Magnum HQ for subsequent processing
and printing outside of his control.
I'm sure all of these things, and more, could well have happened in a life
as long as his.
I believe the black line around his prints (which became synonymous with
the integrity of the controlling photojournalist) came about through the
early Leitz negative holders on their enlargers all being made to the
oversize format, 25mm x 37mm.
Marc, as the historian here, does that ring true with you?
Jem