Subject: Re: [Leica] WAS: Condemnation? NOW: Tmax
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 15:31:15 -0800

Ted Grant wrote:

> time and expertise to be appreciated. I am always surprised by that casual
> "I-shot-a-few-rolls-and-I-am-not- impressed"-thing.<<<<<<
>
> Hi Erwin,
> I never cease to be amazed at how some folks can make a valid and written in
> stone condemnation by the >>>"I-shot-a-few-rolls-<<< try out.
><Snip>

What first sold me on Xtol was some prints i saw with it a friend did from T Max 400.
I don't know if there is a big difference e between T Max 400 and Delta 400.
I AM a little reluctant on T Max 100 having has SO MANY bad experiences with it
and I'm doing so will with Delta 100.
But then again I've never ran T Max 100 in Xtol 1:3 so that could be a different
ball game for me with it's use.

I never blink an eyelash when i hear of all the great work by great people being
done with T Max 400.
If someone asks me; I'll advise the Delta.

But in Xtol 1:3 Agfapan 400 or HP5 or any odd film would probably be just ducky!
Certainly Tri x.
I plan soon to start massing around with the Pyro ABC formula.
I hear its amazing with Neopan 1600!

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon
USA