Subject: Re: [Leica] Billingham Bags: Almost As Good As Sharpo (TM)!
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2001 17:27:29 -0500

At 12:30 PM 3/3/2001 -0500, Akhil Lal wrote:
>		I'm wondering if there are any long-term users of these bags out there
>? I'm interested in getting one and wonder how well they wear.
>		All feedback is greatly appreciated.

I've had a Hadley for around ten years now.  Great.  Cheap at the price and
quality.  I can carry an M6 or M3, three or four lenses, a Leitz
table-tripod, buckets of extra film, my old caving pipe, a spare knife, a
(Zeiss, of course) micro-fiber cloth, a cable release, and some other
gee-gaws.  I generally carry a 50 on the camera, and either a 4.5/21 CZJ
Biogon in M mount, a 1.4/35 Summilux-M, 2/90 Summicron (can't afford the
APO yet!), a 2.8/90 Elmarit-M, and a 3.4/135 APO-Telyt, or I drop the
4.5/21 Biogon and put in a 1.5/7.5cm CZJ Biotar.

But the bag is HUGE on the inside, small on the outside.  It makes all of
your gear weigh half as much as it actually does.  It makes your film
brighter and faster.  In other words, it's almost as good as SHARPO (TM)
which, incidentally, has recently been introduced in the Giant Economy
1-Gallon (4-litre) Family Size for those of us who appreciate its fine
qualities!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!