Subject: Re: [Leica] Billingham Bags
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2001 09:08:10 +0100

Akhil,

I have a couple of Billingham bags, the 225 and the large 445 (I think). The latter one I
use for my SLR system; it typically contains the R8, SL, plus assorted lenses, including
the 400mm Telyt. It is big and heavy, and I only use it when driving. The 225 is smaller,
I now use it for my medium format stuff: a Rollei TLR and a Fuji GSW. I also have an Alice
which I no longer use. All bags wear very well, in fact hardly at all, as others have
said. The do an excellent job of protecting your equipment but are not so easy to work out
of if you are walking around a city, say. That is why I have largely switched to Domke
satchels for this purpose, a small one for a couple of Ms plus 4 lenses and a larger one
for the complete M outfit plus an R8 thrown in.

In summary, they are nice bags, but you should really go to a dealer that has them in
stock (like B&H) and handle them before buying.

Nathan

Akhil Lal wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>                 I'm wondering if there are any long-term users of these bags out there
> ? I'm interested in getting one and wonder how well they wear.
>                 All feedback is greatly appreciated.
>                 TIA and Regards,
>                 Akhil

- --