Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Epson Printing in black and white?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2001 18:31:38 -0800

Douglas Cooper wrote:

> Has anyone here used an Epson to print black and white photos?  I was just
> told about a third-party system, whereby you exchange the three color ink
> cartridges for three special shades of black; and I'm told this works best
> with the *non* photo Epsons, such as my Color 860.  I'd love to hear about
> people's experience with this.  If it works, I'm going to shoot on Tri-X,
> develop the film in my apartment, scan it and print it here.  Complete
> semi-digital darkroom, for a guy who doesn't actually have a dark room...
>
> Douglas Cooper
> http://www.dysmedia.com
>
> NO ARCHIVE

Me again Douglas!
I have an Epson 750 with the MIS continuous feed (bottles) quadtone system in it.
I use Epson Heavyweith matte paper.
I'm getting really nice prints!
The Epsons have gotten better since and seem to be working out well!
Inkjetting is a viable alternate to darkroom work.
A different ballgame. But a viable one.
In the near future i plan to have a show of prints done with the inkjets instead
of the darkroom.
I've already seen such displays. They look great... are being widely accepting
by the art world.
All kinds of papers. All kinds of inks.
Some Epsons have a chip you'd have to disable to use third party inks.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon
USA

http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/