Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Epson Printing in black and white?
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 09:31:17 -0500

Douglas -

Piezography is the way to go.  I'm using the quad-black inks from Jon Cone
with the Piezography software and an Epson 3000.  Some people have had
banding problems with the 3000, but my refurbished one has been perfect
from the start.  There are many wonderful papers to try - all giving
different looks.  Right now I'm using Tubridge, also from Cone but Epson
Heavyweight Matte and Archival are very good and cheap.  You'll have to go
to the http://www.inkjetmall.com site to see if the software is available
for the 860.  I'm not sure.  It's worth getting a dedicated printer for though.

Have fun -

Tina

At 09:10 PM 3/4/01 -0500, you wrote:

>Has anyone here used an Epson to print black and white photos?  I was just
>told about a third-party system, whereby you exchange the three color ink
>cartridges for three special shades of black; and I'm told this works best
>with the *non* photo Epsons, such as my Color 860.  I'd love to hear about
>people's experience with this.  If it works, I'm going to shoot on Tri-X,
>develop the film in my apartment, scan it and print it here.  Complete
>semi-digital darkroom, for a guy who doesn't actually have a dark room...
>
>Douglas Cooper
>http://www.dysmedia.com
>
>NO ARCHIVE

Tina Manley, ASMP