Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Epson Printing in black and white?
From: "Tim Spragens" <info@borderless-photos.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 18:32:20 +0100

On 5 Mar 2001, at 7:47, S Dimitrov wrote:

> I have an Epson 1520 still in the box. Anyone have any experience with
> this model?

I used one for a couple of years. Wide carriage, many paper feed
options, but won't print full A2 paper width. The print head
technology is not as good as the later printers, but certainly
acceptable. nomorecarts does not make a CIS system for it, but I
have read that the one for the 1160 can be adapted. I used it with
the Cone inks for some time.

Mine is now old-in-box, waiting for me to get it in for a CLA. The
B/W printing is now handled by an 1160 with a CIS system and
Cone inks. I've moved color photo work to a 2000P, and have a 760
for utility printing on A4. Even the 760 makes smoother prints on
A4 with Epson inks than the 1520 does.

Tim

Replies: Reply from S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Epson Printing in black and white?)
Reply from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Epson Printing in black and white?)