Subject: [Leica] D76
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 12:47:33 -0800

><Snip>
> D76 is a wonderful developer and you can't go wrong by using it. It is a
> perfect match for TriX and the older thick emulsion films and works well on
> TMX type film too. Besides, its a lot cheaper than most other brands of horse
> piss on the market.
>
> Larry Zeitlin

There is flip side to D76 worship.

And that is that D76 is a very old motion picture developer which cost Kodak
little to make and has remained popular because it does not turn tan very fast
in the bottle.
The wonders of MQ!
Try it 1:2 by the way instead of 1:1 you'll get a better edge to your grain and
better edge effects to your image.
I used to dilute it this way for years as well as many of my friends

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon
USA

http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/

My MQ developer:
Rabinol:

Metol 3
Hydroquinone 1
Sulfite 30
Borax 1

an MR developer! I used this one for years!

Replies: Reply from "Barney Quinn, Jr." <barney@ncep.noaa.gov> (Re: [Leica] D76)