Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: 35-70 on SL
From: Jim Hemenway <jim@hemenway.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 18:08:28 -0500

Hi Richard:

Thanks... I'm the newbie that bought a Leicaflex Standard with f2/50mm
Summicron-R a few weeks ago at a local auction.  I shot a roll of
Ektachrome and the slides look pretty good.  The lens is OK but the
camera's light meter is broken.  At the suggestion of other luggers I
looked into the SL, bought a black one in reasonable shape and am now
looking around for/at other lenses.

So, here goes with another new guy question?  What is an R3?

And... Is there a macro lens that won't deplete my wallet that'll fit
the SL?  I'm used to paying $500 +/- for Nikon and Pentax macro glass,
what would I expect to pay for a 100mm Leica macro.  Am I looking at
Rollei 6008 lens prices?

Jim

Richard Setchim wrote:

> [Jim Hemenway asked if a Leica Leitz Vario Elmar R f3.5 35-70 zoom will fit
> a Leicaflex SL]
>
> Jim, mine does. Although IMHO the R3's screen suits that lens better.
> Perhaps what you had in mind is that it does not fit the original Leicaflex
> - unless you remove the battery cover on the pentaprism.

- --
Is obair-la` to`iseachadh
- -Gna`th fhacal
Ach is obair beatha criochnachadh