Subject: [Leica] 35-70/2.8 saga
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 16:39:50 -0700

After receiving a great deal of both positive and negative email on my
posting about the value of the 35-70/2.8 lens, and after seeing two people I
respect being given a hard time; I decided to phone the camera store in
Montreal and find out what happened. Naturally they are only willing to say
so much but here is what I found out:

1) The lens was sold within minutes of the post going up on the LUG.

2) The lens was shipped to the person who purchased it and they, of course
cannot release their name.

3) The purchaser was not in Montreal or Hong Kong.

4) My email had no effect on the sale or sale price.

5) After all the hullabaloo and phone calls, they do not think they will
advertise on the LUG again.

Cheers,

John Collier

PS: Perhaps we should not blacklist anyone except me over this one. I must
confess that I still feel I did the right thing but I also do not feel that
anyone acted incorrectly by trying to take advantage of a very good deal.

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] 35-70/2.8 saga)
Reply from Dan Cardish <dcardish@sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] 35-70/2.8 saga)