Subject: [Leica] A Developing Story
From: ISILVERMN@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 21:26:33 EST

Byron wrote:

> [...]
my lens, and now I'm afraid to develop the film because the shots might all
have been ruined.<<<<<<<

Byron:

I refer you to the seminal research of Dr. Uwe Phylta, late of Vienna, who
discovered that the problem can be remedied by dropping a UV filter into the
tank with the film being developed.  The rule is one filter per role, so this
can get expensive when you need to drop 4 UV filters into a 4-roll tank.

Dr. P also found that by dropping, say a No. 81 filter in with D-76, you can
actually improve the development to D-78.5 standard, though one shudders at
what could happen if you use a 25A filter!!

Best,

Ira Silverman