Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Maison du Leica
From: Gwpics@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 02:52:28 EST

In a message dated 05-03-01 22:30:25 GMT Standard Time,
cyberdog@attglobal.net writes:

<< >This also never ceases to amaze me. With the open market in the EU, I
 >simply do not understand why more French buyers of pricey gear like
 >Leica do not shop in Germany (which would force the French dealers to
 >lower their prices to more realistic levels). >>

I bought from Germany and saved myself about 1/3rd on a new motor drive for
my R8. Delivery was in 3 days and I was treated with courtesy. I told Leica
UK about this and they said 'We don't know how to tackle the problem' to
which I replied 'Try reducing your prices!'. This seemed to leave them
somewhat perplexed but companies have to realise that today the EU is one big
marketplace and, thanks to the internet etc. we will shop anywhere we want.

Gerry

Gerry Walden (UK)
Tel: (0)23 8046 3076
Fax: (0)23 8034 8542