Subject: Re: [Leica] FW: From Yasuhara Co.,Ltd.
From: Mikiro Mori <arbos@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 14:31:12 +0100

At 7:46 am -0500 6/3/01, Dante A. Stella wrote:
>In a strange way, the Yasuhara *has* influnced the market.  Do you think
>there would be a Bessa-R had there been no Yasuhara?
>
>Jem Kime wrote:
>
>>  Folks,
>>  I thought this might be of some interest to a few of us. Shin Yasuhara
>>wrote to inform me of their current state of production.
>>  Jem

I assume that Mr. Kobayashi had not started development of Bessa when Mr.
Yasuhara disclosed his idea of producing T981 on his web site several years
before its production. However, he most likely knew that a potential market
existed for such cameras. One can safely say that T981 accelerated release
of Bessa-L.

Although the original idea of Mr. Yasuhara was wonderful, he could not
realise it in the best way. In fact, I was disappointed when I first had my
hands on the T981 that I had waited for six months. It is a shame. I hope
that T012 will rival Bessa-R and soon-coming Bessa-T.

- --
Mikiro
http://arbos.silva.net

Replies: Reply from Akhil Lal <akhil.lal@bcc.cuny.edu> (Re: [Leica] FW: From Yasuhara Co.,Ltd.)