Subject: [Leica] Re: auto responder
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 07:16:48 -0800

At 04:27 PM 3/5/01 -0800, Ted Grant wrote:

>So I'm chilled out and toastie warm and I still think one of you guys should
>nuke the auto sender machine! ;-)
>ted
>
>Ted Grant Photography Limited
>www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

The problem is that many folks are either behind a firewall or a router
that acts like a firewall and getting through to the machine is extremely
difficult, if possible at all. Here at Agilent, I'm behind a very strong
firewall and at home I'm behind a cable router which does URL translation,
among other things, which will keep all but the smartest and most dedicated
hacker out. Basically, it is too much work to hack through my router to get
to the machines behind it. Especially since there is a high probability of
failure.

Jim

Replies: Reply from David Mason <dcm@redhat.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: auto responder)
Message from "Wilber Jeffcoat" <wilber@jeffcoatphotography.com> (Re: [Leica] auto responder)