Subject: Re: [Leica] FW: From Yasuhara Co.,Ltd.
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <joseph@yao.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 02:55:04 +0800

on 6/3/01 9:31 PM, Mikiro Mori at arbos@mac.com wrote:

> Although the original idea of Mr. Yasuhara was wonderful, he could not
> realise it in the best way. In fact, I was disappointed when I first had my
> hands on the T981 that I had waited for six months. It is a shame. I hope
> that T012 will rival Bessa-R and soon-coming Bessa-T.

Mikiro,

This rings a bell to my ears!  It mirrors the effort of a certain German
camera manufacturer in releasing a fast standard zoom lens for their reflex
users.  They ran into production problems as well as quality issues and had
to discontinue the product.

If history is to be repeated, the next fast standard zoom lens is to be
offered by Cosina under the name of 'Voigtlander' (no 'h') at a price that
everybody can afford with no delivery nor production problems and will
certainly not be subjected to speculations at eBay auctions.

Now that the Yasuhara T-981 has been discontinued, would someone care to buy
my mint one for $500?  Oops, I may be under-pricing it a bit, how about
$14,000, or even $16,000?

And the sun will rise in the west.....

Joseph