Subject: Re: [Leica] X-TOL 1:3 times??
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 11:05:04 -0800

Dan Honemann wrote:

> > The Neopan 1600 I've been shooting in 35mm in my Leica's on the
> > street lastly
> > and it's fully 1600 as advertized.
> > (Same real speed as T Max P3200 IMO by the way!)
> > but the Neopan is just alright with me.
>
> How does Neopan 1600 compare to TMZ at 1600?  Favor one over the other?
>
> And do you also soup these in 1:1 at 70 degrees for 16 minutes?
>
> Dan

I have not run the T Max 3200 in Xtol yet (TMZ).
So far i run that in Rodinal and get an extreme grain effect.
Some day I'll have to do that test but here at ProPhoto, Neopan 1600 is several
bucks cheaper per roll,
comes in 10 roll bricks, and i like the green on the package.
The lower $$$ is makes it closer to my heart from the get go. The T Max would
have to knock my socks off to get me to switch. Don't like 20 roll bricks. Don't
like the way the boxes look.
With all kinds of people like Ralph Gibson using the Neopan 1600 I think I'm OK
for the time being.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon
USA