Subject: [Leica] Re: Macro on SL
From: AppleMac97@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 14:41:08 EST

Jim:

I recommend you buy a used Leica R 60mm/f2.8 macro lens.  I bought a used
2-cam lens for $500 last year from Jim Kuehl (Phone 515-225-0110).  I later
sold it and bought a similar used 3-cam lens for $600 that is usable with
both my old Leicaflex SL and SL2, and new Leica R8 cameras.  This lens is
stunning, both at macro ranges and normal shooting distances.  I know because
I have slides in my files going back 20 years shot with Nikon, Canon and
Pentax lenses, and the 25-year old Leica macro lens always produces better
slides with cleaner colors and sharper images.  The lens creates a
3-dimensional effect in projected slides that is hard to describe!  I use it
as my standard lens when taking pictures with Leica SLRs.

Sincerely,

Muhammad R.K. Chishty, Ph.D
Associate Professor of Finance
Graham School of Management