Subject: Re: [Leica] Epson Printing in black and white
From: "Julian Thomas" <julianthomas@terra.es>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 22:39:11 +0100

Doug,
The Piezo software changes the dither pattern on th e1160 so that the ink
drops are invisible - even under a loup they are hard to spot. It also (I
think this figure is right) doubles the printed resolution of the printyer.
That is why some 3000 are aproblem. It really pushes the printer to the max.
I think you'll find it false economy. The inks are also carbon, they are
probably the most archival with the smoothest tonality you will find. This
really is a system that works well together.

Julian