Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW 11 is up/SL
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 16:55:34 -0500

> Steve,
>
> Nothing to excuse, great shot. And I admire your handholding ability--or were
> you sitting down when shooting 1/60 with the 90?
>
> Nathan
>
> Steve LeHuray wrote:

Thanks Nathan, appreciate the nice comment. I was standing up to take that
shot. My secret for steady hand held shooting is I practice 'dry shooting'
every day, meaning I take a camera with no film and practice focusing on
various things. This is an extension of the days when I used to race first
motorcycles then cars. The night before a race when I would go to bed I
would lay there with my eyes closed picuturing the race course and with me
on it all the way around the circuit, all the shift points, brake points,
etc. When it came time for the race I had it already programmed in my mind.
Almost the same thing with my photography.

Best regards,
sl