Subject: [Leica] Re:Angenieux/Leica-R zoom questions
From: "Doug Richardson" <doug@meditor.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 22:28:07 -0000

>Jem Kime wondered whether any LUGgers posess or have used the 35-70
f2.5-3.3 Angenieux lens - any reports on the quality?

Can't speak for the optical quality, but I handled one a month or so
ago in a London store, and noted very quickly that on this example the
sleeve which controls the focal length had cracked. This seemed to be
a very thin and flimsy piece of plastic - hardly surprising it had
broken.

I recall someone on the LUG asking why I was so opposed to the use of
plastic in Leica equipment. Well, this lens demonstrated my
objection - sooner or later (and probably sooner) a plastic component
will break.

Regards,

Doug Richardson

Replies: Reply from "lindabo" <lindaboz@tin.it> (R: [Leica] Re:Angenieux/Leica-R zoom questions)