Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: Re: Piezography - real print or not?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 15:19:11 -0800

Austin Franklin wrote:

> > >How long will these prints last?
> >
> > 200 years minimum.
>
> For Cibas?  Naw.  Not even close from my experience.  You're lucky to get
> 20-25 years out of them...and at that, the fading will be quite noticeable.
>
> If you hermetically seal them and expose them to no light, possibly...

The art world however seems to have been fooled.
Color prints had been hardly worth the paper they're printed on (OK 2 3 hundred)
but black and whites get that extra decimal point.
But Ciba's became the exception. They could sell for many thousands.
I saw a large one on a wealthy persons wall right next to the large Karsh of
Churchhill and many pricey others.
It was the only color print in the whole house.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon
USA

http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/