Subject: Re: [Leica] My auto-responder
From: hepac@bluewin.ch
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 11:53:08 +0100

I find we should forgive him, errare humanum est!

Gabriele

> Mr Mark Rabiner!
> I am really sorry for causing this trouble.  However, I had no opportunity
to "switch off" my auto-responder until today.  I do receive the LUG-digest
both to my private PC at home, and to my PC at work.  The irritating
auto-responder was concerning my PC at work.  Since I have been gone away to
the country-side until last night, I didn t know anything about this until I
checked the e-mail at my home PC when I came home last night.  So I went to
work today, and switched off the auto-responder the very first thing in the
morning.  And I will not use the auto-responder again (it was the first time
I ever used it...).
> And yes, Mike, my half week off was in some sense photographically
productive.  I do spend quite some time among country-side people in the
northern part of Sweden.  I am planning on doing a photo-documentation of
this area, and especially a small village, and during the past days I have
been seeing an old man who has spent a major part of his early life
documenting this area with his camera. I will go back in a few days, and
have a meeting with him to see some of his slides.  Maybe it will be
possible to do a modern photographic follow-up based, in part, on some of
his photos...?  We ll see!
> And, once again, I m sorry for the irritation I have caused.  During the
past 1-1,5 year which I have been following the LUG, I have come to see You
as "virtual friends" with a common interest - and I do want the friendship
to remain!!!  /  Göran Bjerklow