Subject: Re: [Leica] Chicago Auto Show 2001 Photos
From: AppleMac97@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 09:57:27 EST

Mark:

You are right about the grain!  It is a problem.  I had the film developed by
a commercial lab, so I don't know what developer was used, but I can find
out.  I scanned the negatives with a Minolta Dimage Scan Dual scanner.  The
scanner, even at 2438 dpi,  seems to have a problem with the underexposed
portions of the negative.  I have just downloaded Vuescan, but the first scan
done with it had the same problem.  I need to find out how to solve this
problem.  Any suggestions?

The Auto Show was very crowded and there was no time to stop and focus.
That's why I relied on zone focusing.  It seems to have worked well at f8
with the 35mm Summicron ASPH lens.  That is one sharp lens!  I made some
prints at home with an Epson Stylus 750, and they look much better than the
JPEG images on the web.  There is much more shadow detail, despite the
scanner limitations and underexposure on some of the negatives.

Thanks for the comments!

Muhammad Chishty

- ---