Subject: Re: [Leica] 35-70/2.8 saga
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 14:34:43 -0500

> Dealers like this deserve nothing..... If they take a CC over the phone, or
> say they will hold the item pending receipt of a check, then it is sold.
> Selling it again, for more money, is a very dishonorable deed.....
>
> This has happened to me as well, and the seller has never gotten a penny of
> my business since.....  Life is too short.
>
> Frank Filippone
> red735i@earthlink.net
>
> Please tell us who the dealer was.  I do not want to do any business with
> him.  In my opinion a mans word is his honor.

I disagree. Any retailer for any product always bends to cash. Lots of
retailers get many people who ask them to hold something for them and then
never show up. "Money talks, bullshit walks." If Dr Yao had used his credit
card to put down a deposit then it would have been his lens. The big
question should be, if he wanted the lens so bad, why did he not whip out
the plastic?

I wish we could move beyond this saga. I am pretty tired of listening to the
whining of Dr Yao.

Steve
Annapolis