Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: meter's shmeters..step away from the meter!
From: "Dan States" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 20:00:09 -0000

On this you are correct.  Neither of these guys were under the gun for their
shots.  And for the last ten years neither was I!  My point, which I think
has been muddled by my own communication abilties, is that most
photographers are nailed to the cross of their meters and many would pass on
a shot than take a risk if their batteries are dead.

I, like the majority of people on this list are now photographers of
leisure.  We shoot however and whatever we like.  Sadly this same free
thinking bunch is often so buried in the technical mumbo-jumbo of
photography that they forsake the final goal:  An image of some artistic
(not technical) value.

Maybe it's a control issue, but I feel uncomfortable with the notion that I
am at the mercy of my equipment.  35mm photography is the modern version of
the mental notebook, and I don't want or need a battery attached to mine.
Am I a Luddite?  Probably, but at least a modern Luddite! :)

Dan