Subject: Re: [Leica] Thanks & Film/Airport Security
From: Gwpics@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 07:59:20 EST

In a message dated 08-03-01 07:03:29 GMT Standard Time, rclark@desupernet.net
writes:

<< Should I be concerned about
 the film going through the security machines?  >>

My experience is that, if you have unpacked the rolls and place them in a
plain see-through bag, then they will still insist that they go through the
x-ray machine but they will send them through separately with no other
luggage and ensure that they do not get held in the machine whilst they are
looking at something else. I have never had any problems with x-ray damage
except out of Boston when they held some 400iso film in the machine for a
long time while they zapped my camera bag.

I was amazed on a recent trip to Gambia where airport security treated me
with the utmost courtesy and hand searched my film with absolutely no
trouble.

I regret that we all have to suffer the history of incidents like Lockerbie
and I, for one, would rather be safe.

Gerry

Gerry Walden (UK)
Tel: (0)23 8046 3076