Subject: [Leica] SL battery help
From: Jim Hemenway <jim@hemenway.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 09:32:41 -0500

Hello Luggers:

My not too badly abused SL has arrived.  I have no IB yet so I don't
know what type of battery to use.  I'm using the f2/50mm Summicron-R on
it.

I think that I have the meter working properly with a Varta V625PX -
1.35 volt Mercury battery which I've had in my refrigerator for a year
or so. I compared the meter against my Rolleiflex SL with a Varta V 625
U and they read the same.

We can no longer buy these batteries in Massachusetts, (and just about
everywhere else I've been told) so I'm wondering what to do when this
battery dies.  What is the Leica community common wisdom on this
problem?

I think that the Duracell 625A is 1.5 volts... can the SL be
recalibrated?

Thanks in advance,

Jim Hemenway
- --