Subject: Re: [Leica] 35-70/2.8 saga
From: Jim Hedger <jrhedger@pdq.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 09:59:37 -0600

on 3/8/01 8:42 AM, Dr. Joseph Yao at joseph@yao.com wrote:

> on 8/3/01 3:34 AM, Steve LeHuray at icommag@toad.net wrote:
>
>> I disagree. Any retailer for any product always bends to cash. Lots of
>> retailers get many people who ask them to hold something for them and then
>> never show up. "Money talks, bullshit walks." If Dr Yao had used his credit
>> card to put down a deposit then it would have been his lens. The big
>> question should be, if he wanted the lens so bad, why did he not whip out
>> the plastic?
>
> I actually used my credit card for the full payment, as soon as I got a
> reply from the seller he was holding the lens for me.  As you put it, I did
> 'whip out the plastic'.
>
>> I wish we could move beyond this saga. I am pretty tired of listening to the
>> whining of Dr Yao.
>
> I am sorry you feel this way.  I will take your feelings into consideration
> when I write next time.  In the meantime, please be more liberal with the
> delete key.
>
> Joseph

I have been lurking and reading the posts about the zoom saga and this truly
demonstrates to me what is going wrong in this world today. On one hand  you
have a "camera dealer" who should be a professional in his field, sell a
product to a customer and then cancels the sale when he finds out he has
undervalued it. How can anyone believe the dealer when he said another
salesman sold it with out him knowing. How can he be trusted?  Then someone
who thinks they will buy the product, posts said product (he doesn't even
have in his possession, and hasn't inspected), onto a public auction service
to make a quick buck. In the mean time the good Dr. has been cheated. This
demonstrates is why these auction services are going down the tubes in
credibility and the world is in turmoil. A man is only as good as his word,
if you say something you should back it up. This problem is getting worse
with every generation I feel sorry for our children. It won't be long before
you cannot trust a living soul.

Jim

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] 35-70/2.8 saga)