Subject: Re: [Leica] More Viewfinders
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 14:09:30 -0800

>At 8:47 AM -0700 3/8/01, John Collier wrote:
>>A short while ago I believe Guy was looking for a viewfinder for his 85mm
>>lens and this triggered a vague unease in my mind. I knew I had seen one
>>somewhere but I could not quite remember where. Last night I grabbed an old
>>brochure on the Nikonos system and there it was:
>>
>>http://www03.bhphotovideo.com/default.sph/FrameWork.class?FNC=ProductActivat
>>or__Aproductlist_html___959___37318___NIDF10___GREY___SID=E556827A060
>>
>>I have never tried one myself but it is not that expensive and should work
>>for the 75mm lenses as well. Has anyone out there tried one?
>>
>>John Collier

You're right, John; it was me who was looking for an 85mm finder. I found a
Canon VF (on eBay, dare I say so?) that'll do the job nicely. It's
wonderfully compact, has parallax correction, and fits snuggly into the
hotshoe of my IIIf.

Gotta say that, regarding finders for LTM bodies, the more compact the
better, IMO. A finder that adds almost 1/2 the height of the camera body
makes for a much less pocketable package.

Guy

P.S. I also found a Leica 85mm VF on eBay (the SGOOD, I believe). It
eventually sold for more than $400. I paid $75 for the Canon.

Replies: Reply from Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com> (Re: [Leica] More Viewfinders-more silliness)
Reply from Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com> (Re: [Leica] More Viewfinders)
Message from John Collier <jbcollier@home.com> ([Leica] More Viewfinders)