Subject: Re: [Leica] Death and the Zoom Scandal
From: "Phong" <phong@metrowerks.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 17:03:36 -0500

Hi Buzz,

My hand's up.
I like to know what happened, as I am fond of Joseph and Emmanuel,
through their postings on the LUG and also in dealing with Joseph when
I bought a lens from him.  Sure,  Emanuel has made a questionable move
in pre-listing on ebay; he will undoubtedly hear about it from other folks
for quite a while; if I ever buy from Emanuel (came close a couple of
times), I would trust him now more than if this story didn't happen,
strangely enough.  Honor among thieves ? On the other hand, there
are people that don't technically lie whom I absolutely do not trust.
On a diffrent but related thread, Seth posted on ethics, lies, etc.
Well, I've lied to my teachers, parents, etc. countless times.  Perhaps
I am part of "the" problem, but I see kids lying to parents, teachers,
 etc, as pretty normal.  I expect mine to lie to me sometimes.

So, Joseph, John, Emmanuel, Dan, let us know of any new twist
in the 35-70 story.  If I ever meet you guys, I'd buy you a drink,
(and give Emanuel a hard time about ebay :0)

- - Phong
PS. Emanuel, I trust but I also verify :-)

From: Buzz Hausner <Buzz@marianmanor.org>

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Death and the Zoom Scandal)