Subject: Re: [Leica] Delta 400 and 400 Delta New Ilford films
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 17:29:20 -0800

>Just in case anyone's interested. I shot a rough test today of the NEW
>Ilford Delta 400 Professional along side the OLD 400 Delta.
>
>Shot one after the other, same camera, same light, same scene - gray
>cards, white textured cloth, black textured cloth, shadows and
>highlights. I used Ilfotec DDX at Ilford's suggested time of 8 minutes at
>74 degrees. This is the time for the old film at 400 and the new film at
>800. I ran them in the same tank together.
>
>It appears that the new film is about one stop faster given same
>processing.
>
>As to what the scans look like - that comes soon. I'll post them if
>anyone wants.
>Ilford claims on the package that its faster and finer grained.
>
>Has anyone else used the new film?
>
>Henry

Henry,

I have used the new film, though have not formally tested it. I'm not
surprised that it's faster (I know it certainly pushes better), but I would
definitely disagree that it is finer grained.

I'll be interested to hear your findings.

Guy

Replies: Reply from Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com> (Re: [Leica] Delta 400 and 400 Delta New Ilford films)
Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] Delta 400 and 400 Delta New Ilford films)