Subject: Re: [Leica] Friday FS- NOT!!! Thread change rant....ROWRLBAZZLE!
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: 9 Mar 2001 19:54:42 -0800

On Fri, 09 March 2001, "Dan Post" wrote:

> Aw, c'mon, folks! Lighten up!
> I have bought stuff from Emanuel, and was quite happy with the trade-
> I actually went back through the last 3000+ messages, to see what this whole
> mess was about. Silly!
> Sear does the same thing! Wolf Camera did it to me- it's called 'Just in
> Time Inventorying' or 'Drop Shipped'. I bought a Minolta Cable Release from
> Wolf, and rather than tell me they didn't have it, took my money, and 6
> weeks later I get a UPS package from Minolta with my cable release! Wolf
> Camera never even SAW it! Big deal! Six months from now, what the heck
> difference will it make?

To keep this on topic, that's how I bought my 400 Telyt from some forgotten NY mail-order store 21+ years ago.  I sent my $$ to the store and some company called E. Leitz, Inc. sent it to me from their warehouse to the nearest town with UPS service (which happend to be Anchorage, 250 miles away).  It's a very common business practice.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe