Subject: Re: [Leica] 90mm f1 Leica lens
From: Rob McElroy <idag@pce.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 00:11:25 -0500

Mark,

I own the lens and it is huge and very heavy.  Leitz also made a similarly-sized 65mm f0.75 which I bought recently.  They are not practical for use
on 35mm because they have a small image circle that does not cover the 35mm format.  I have not made any exposures with my lens yet so I can't comment
on it's performance.  Ground glass images look sharp though.

The other things to keep in mind about them is that there is no focusing mechanism or helical and no apertures.  They would not be very practical on
an M or SM camera because you couldn't verify your focus, you couldn't stop down, and the viewfinder would be 100% blocked.

They are not the same optical design as the 90mm f1.0 Elcan.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Rob McElroy
Buffalo, NY