Subject: Re: [Leica] WEEK 10 Lee Bacchus
From: "Tim Spragens" <info@borderless-photos.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 19:15:11 +0100

On 10 Mar 2001, at 9:17, Lee Bacchus wrote:

> Nothing exciting here this week
> (http://www.photo.net/photodb/presentation.tcl?presentation_id=52810).
> Two low-key portraits from a series on Vancouver's problematic
> Downtown Eastside.

These two both tell me more about the character of the area than
the last two. You're starting to get some meat in the project (forgive
the expression).

Nice lighting on the café owner's face. The light block of empty
netting to the left I find a bit bothersome. If that were burned down
slightly, it might not take the focus off of the face.

You've caught a pleasant character in On Main Street of someone
most people would like to avoid. Only thing that I don't like about
the composition is that his bum is just kissing the edge of the
frame.