Subject: Re: [Leica] Zoom Saga...instead of fuss...DELETE IS YOUR FRIEND! USE IT!
From: "Bryan Caldwell" <bcaldwell@softcom.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 11:05:27 -0800

Austin,

I do not believe it is reasonable to represent to the entire world that you
have an item for sale, and thus the power to sell it, simply because you
have seen it for sale elsewhere. In the case we have discussed, the lister
had no commitment whatsoever from the actual owner to provide the item to
him.

For a fraud to become criminal - there need be no loss to anyone. If someone
printed copies of your checks, tried to cash them at a bank and was stopped
before any money had been paid, there would have been a criminal fraud and a
forgery - but no loss.

The law can be complicated, not because people profit it from it being so,
but because factual situations are infinite and it easy not easy to create
simple rules to govern them. Those who make the laws are not generally those
who profit from their complexity.

If you wish to continue this, please do so privately,

Bryan