Subject: Re: [Leica] TTL off-camera flash for R8
From: lucien <director@ubi.edu>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 15:48:25 +0100

Gilbert Plantinga wrote:

> I have a Contax TLA 100 cord for off-camera flash with the M6 TTL, and I
> know that there is also a Nikon cable available. However, the Contax cable
> does not work with my R8 (it lacks one pin). Does anyone know if the Nikon,
> or any other cable, can connect to the R8 hot shoe for TTL flash off-camera?

Gilbert,

Your TLA 100 cable don't lack one pin, because the R8 (like the M6TTL) don't
use that third pin.

The problem is that the foot of the cable attached on your R8 don't go far
enough on the shoe mount, and because of that the two other pins are not
connected with your R8 shoe's contacts.

You will have to cut a little bit of plastic on both side of the back part of
the foot of your cable attachment, in order to push it a little bit further on
the R8 shoe mount.

I had the same problem and after that little surgery it worked well. All the
functions of the Flash are working perfectly. (TTL, flash head zoom with ROM
lenses, etc...)

The Nikon SC17 works well without modification, but is way to long and heavy
for my needs.

Lucien