Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: A REPLACEMENT TOPIC
From: "Michael E. Bérubé" <MEB@goodphotos.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 09:48:47 -0500

At 03:59 AM 3/11/01 -0500, Gwpics@aol.com wrote:
>Somewhere I have a picture that my wife and I jokingly said that we would
>advertise as 'blonde naked in red boots' which is of my daughter, then 3, on
>the beach in a pair of rubber boots and nothing else having a great time.
>Does this make me perverted?

Not at all Gerry. I don't know you, I can't call you a pervert. I'm sure
it's a cute photo. What I was trying to say is that in the current cultural
climate, it is too easy for you to become victim to accusations of being a
pervert for taking such a photograph. This being so, it is probably smarter
for one to avoid such situations in the first place. As I told Tim, I
disagree with the western cultural climate that is so prudish as well, but
until it can be changed, it is best to not face prosecution for something
so easily avoided. Yes, we could all fight the system(s) and shoot what we
want to try to enforce a paradigm shift, but in the grand scheme of things
I'd rather sacrifice my liberty and future for more meaningful battles than
the right to photograph children naked when they cannot offer me true
consent in the first place.

In reading the above, I notice that I'm now repeating myself so I promise
that I won't post to the LUG on this thread again, but will happily discuss
the issue off list, if I haven't made my position clear.

Respectfully,
Michael E. Bérubé