Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW latest
From: "Michael E. Bérubé" <MEB@goodphotos.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 10:51:09 -0500

At 01:04 PM 3/10/01 +0000, Jem Kime wrote:
>week 11, 'Elevi',
>http://members.tripod.co.uk/JemK/Pic-A-Week/

Jem,
This a beautifully done "low key" shot. The hair light is just right and
the snoot on the face works off center better than I think it would had you
centered it. (Yes, the scan itself is weak, but we are all having some
problems in that area it seems.) ;)

>         ...showcases my first professional portrait session, it felt a
> bit scary!

My first photo instructor (who had been a shooter for 45+ years) said that
if the "light butterflies that live in your gut before you see the finished
product go away, you have become too cocky and your work will start to
really screw up." Knowing that you are only as 'good' as your last photo
job keeps my butterflies alive and fluttering. (and I still manage a small
screw up now and then anyhow.)

>there was a great relief when the negs came out all right.

That 'relief' is half the fun isn't it?
Good work.
Michael

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] PAW latest)