Subject: Re: [Leica] Friday FS- NOT!!! Thread change rant....ROWRLBAZZLE!
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 10:13:06 -0500

Henning-
I have used the 38mm Biogon SWC for weddings, but it is such a rectilinear
lens, that it doesn't have any of the 'vestiges' you find in most wide angle
lenses!
A friend of mine uses a Contax 645AF, and when my son got married, he used
the 40mm on it, and I was surprised to see those vestiges- the little
distortions- that are missing from the Biogon.... Admittedly, the Biogon can
cause distortion, but I always used it on a tripod, and levelred it
carefully.... the hard thing is the 35mm format which is so light and small,
the very attiributes that make it a favorable format work against it when
using wide angle lenses!
You saying the 38Biogon is much like the 21 on the Leica makes me wonder if
the 21SA or Elmarit might be the one I am looking for! It is not too far off
from the 20 that I am playing with now, and might be worth the effort to
get! Thanks for your insight!
Dan